When Oreos meet Rice Krispies magic happens. Okay so maybe that is a little dramatic, but I am happy to say deliciousness definitely does. This riff on a childhood classic is more delicious than you remembered it and with only 5-ingredients it isn't so hard to convince yourself to make them. The fact that this recipes makes half the 'usual' amount of Rice Krispie treats is also a bit of a blessing.
This is also a kid friendly treat that is easy for kids to make. My 5 year old can measure the ingredients out, melt the marshmallows (with supervision) and help get the mixture in the pan. The pressing in is the only persnickety part where an adult will need to do most of the work. I like to get a mini oreo snack cup for these, that way I am not 'forced' to eat the better part of a box of oreos 😉
A Small(er) batch of Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 cups rice krispies
- 1 cup oreo pieces
- 2 ¾ cups mini marshmallows
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips for melting and drizzling optional
- Line a square 8*8 or 9*9 pan with parchment paper and grease lightly.
- Combine the rice krispies and oreo pieces in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on medium heat, add in the marshmallows and salt
- Turn down the heat and mix frequently until the mixture is smooth.
- Working quickly stir the marshmallow mix into the rice krispie mix
- Press into the pan. I find this easiest to do with lightly greased hands or a piece of greased parchment paper.
- Optional drizzle: If drizzling with chocolate then melt 2 tbsp of chocolate chips in the microwave. If you have a wilton icing bag you can use that to melt. Then use the icing bag to drizzle over the chocolate and refrigerate until it sets. If you don't have one handy then drizzle over with a spoon.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Thank you so much!!!
This Cake is Desi says
Nice, one question though ... what are rice krispies?? Can I find them in Pakisatn too?
This looks like a nice fast treat 🙂 But can you sub the Marshmallows with something else or leave them out? I am not really a marshmallow-fan
hmm I have read recipes where they use agave and brown rice syrup but i havent tried it myself so i cant say how it turns out. let me know if you do!!
Ei Gi Chakhum says
Congratulations for the new blog! Tempting rice krispies treat.
Thank you so so much!
Starr @ The Misfit Baker says
Great idea, making a smaller batch! Sometimes a full 9x13 pan is too much for just a couple of people to eat. And anything Oreo is a winner to me! Yum!
My kids would go crazy over the addition of oreos in rice krispies. And by kids I mean that I would probably eat most of them 😉