It's almost here folks! Eid that is, crazy huh? I can't think of a time that I have slept less, worked harder or felt so energized by all the activity around me. It has not been smooth sailing of course - nothing worth doing ever is, but I am proud of the work I have done over the last month from The Dawat Guide to my daughter's first recipe post on the blog to the momentum we have going at the South Asian Bloggers Network.
With a LOT of Help from You!
If I am entirely honest the main thing that has kept me motivated is the support I have received from readers here on the blog and my Instagram family. It brings me such joy to see my recipes become a part of your life and to see what a positive impact The Ultimate Dawat Guide has already made. I recently asked what kinds of recipes people wanted to see more of and without question it was savory recipes. When I asked what kind most people said they wanted quick and easy finger food that would work for a brunch or a tea trolley. These Cream Cheese Cucumber Rounds are just that.
Cucumber Cream Cheese Rounds
I have been serving these Cream Cheese Cucumber Rounds for years at brunches, lunches, and open houses and they go quick. The seasoned herb-y, garlicky cream cheese paired with the freshness of cucumbers makes this a palate pleaser. It is also so customizable so although I am sharing exact amounts please feel free to edit as you wish. In this recipe I use a melon baller to scoop out the centre of the cucumbers because otherwise they become too watery. You can also use a small spoon!
Hope you love these tasty little Cream Cheese Cucumber Rounds as much as we do! If you make the recipe please rate it below and as always I'd love to see your recreations on Instagram (@flourandspiceblog)
Cream Cheese Cucumber Rounds
- Melon Baller
- Piping Bag with Tip
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (room temp)
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ⅛ tsp dried dill
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or super finely minced
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- 3 English Cucumbers (12-14 inches)
- minced chives or parsley for garnishing
- Whip the cream cheese and all the filling ingredients except the cream until smooth
- Add the cream and whip till the cream is well incorporated and the mixture looks fluffier - about 2 minutes
- Wash your cucumbers well and peel alternate strips. You should see a peeled stripe, then a darker green one where the skin remains, etc
- Cut into one inch thick rounds
- Scoop out the centers of the cucumber with a melon baller or a small spoon to create an indent
- Fill a piping bag with the cream cheese mixture - I used a large tip but you can also just cut a hole in the corner of a ziploc bag and pipe a pretty round
- When they are all filled then garnish with parsley or chives. You can serve these immediately or efrigerate them for up to two hours but not much longer because they can get too watery depending on the cucumber.
Penny for your thoughts?