Jump to the Baked Chicken Fajitas Recipe
There are some recipes that are of the one of a kind/ you've rocked my world/why didn't I think of that variety. Then there are some that are so part and parcel of how you cook that you just wouldn't think of them as recipes. I am on a not so secret mission to make my kids like the food I do and Mexican flavours are right up there. One of my go tos is to stir fry chicken with a fajita style rub and use it for wraps, over rice, in quesdaillas, over salad, etc. I've done this so often I don't think of it as a "recipe" but it recently occurred to me that that's exactly what we need more of.
I love making food that doesn't require thinking, because sometimes at the end of the day you're all thought out and dinner needs to be as easy as possible. In the interest of making it even easier I've taken my usual stir fried Chicken Fajita chicken and made it into a Baked Chicken Fajitas dish resplendent with onions and peppers, making it a fuller no muss no fuss meal. Pile it into a tortilla with salsa and sour cream or just eat as is. SO good either way.
Also throwing my first attempt at a recipe video in here would love some feedback. Keeping it simple and just using my good ol' iPhone! Be kind folks, this mama has a lot to learn and I am genuinely hoping that at the end of this year I can say I've come so far on this front. Please just be a little patient with me on my videography journey!
Baked Chicken Fajitas
- 1 lb boneless chicken (cut into slim 2 inch strips)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed/minced)
- ¾-1 tsp red chilli powder
- ¾-1 tsp cumin powder
- ¾-1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 red onion - cut into strips
- 1 green pepper - cut into strips
- 1 red pepper - cut into strips
- additional salt and pepper for seasoning
- Minced scallions
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime Wedges
- Sour Cream
- Combine all the marinade ingredients, whisk well
- Pour over the chicken and set aside for 30 minutes. You can use this time to chop the peppers/onion and gather your toppings
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Tip the marinaded chicken onto a baking sheet/dish
- Scatter the chopped onion and peppers around it and season them with a pinch each of salt and pepper
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through - check at the 20 minute mark, if it isn't done go for another 5.
- Pile the chicken and peppers into a tortilla or over rice, add your toppings, and enjoy!
Love Mexican food as much as I do?
Then how about checking out one of these favourites. Also no judging how many of my recipes have the word Fajita in them ok? Thanks, you're awesome.
Flavour Delights says
Thanks SO much!
You did that video with your iphone? That was awesome 🙂 recipe videos is a great idea, and I think it would really help with desi recipes where knowing how it Looks at each stage is really important
Yes and thank you!!!
I made this and it is so incredibly flavorful! Amazing quick meal!
Thank you SO SO much Henna!!!