Hazelnuts are under rated. Nutella is appropriately appreciated. I can never understand the discord between those two things. Oh wait - I do - chocolate. Well whether you adore Hazelnuts like me or do not, these Nutella Blondies will absolutely hit the spot. Heck, you can even skip the Hazelnuts and they are amazing.
Saying Hazelnut over and over has me craving these Hazelnut Sticks, such an inelegant name for such an incredible cookie. Ooooh or these Hazelnut Maple Muffins.
Okay back to them Nutella Blondies.
What are Blondies?
You can think of them two ways. As a brownie without the chocolate or (my personal favourite) a chocolate chip cookie bar without the chips. Either way we love our blondies here and I already have two versions here on the blog and another base recipe coming soon!
What do these Nutella Blondies taste like?
Like a subtly sweet fat cookie nubbed with mild toothsome hazelnuts and addictive streaks of Nutella. Now if you have ever baked anything with Nutella you know that when it bakes the flavour concentrates. It becomes chewier and fudgier and infinitely fun to eat. I love the balance between the mildness of the batter and those chocolatey streaks.
Step by Step Instructions Below!
See! So simple to make, you can whip them up in no time! Don't forget to rate the recipe below when you do and tag me in your recreations on Instagram @flourandspiceblog - happy baking friends!
- 9 * 9 Square pan
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup chopped hazelnuts
- 3-4 tbsp Nutella (approximate)
- Grease a 9*9 or 8*8 pan and preheat the oven to 350F
- Mix the butter and sugar on medium speed till well combined, mixture will be crumbly.
- Add the eggs one by one, beating well after each addition on medium high speed. Batter will become far creamier and fluffier.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the bowl and put the mixer on low mixing JUST until the flour is 70% combined i.e. some white streaks are ok.
- Use a spatula to fold in ⅔ of the hazelnuts, most of the floury streaks should disappear
- Press the dough into the pan. Tip: a little plastic wrap makes this easier, simply use the wrap to press the dough down.
- Drop the nutella by small spoonfuls randomly over the dough and then use a skewer or toothpick to swirl it through.
- Scatter the remaining hazelnuts over top and bake for 23-28 minutes or until the edges are puffy and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out only slightly moist.
- Cool, cut, enjoy!
Hi! Love your recipes! What pan size should I use? Can’t wait to bake these tomorrow!
Ohmigosh! I left out the pan size!!! A 9*9 or an 8*8 works and ill just fix my mistake!
Just made these! Love your easy to follow recipies! Tastes delicious!
I am SO glad you liked them!!!
The best blondies ever! You make them look so easy too.
Thank you Amina!!!
This is baking in the oven right now and oh the smell!!! Came together in 15 minutes - so easy! Thank you for sharing this recipe!
Am thrilled to hear that!!!! Hope you enjoyed it!
omg, this was so good. good job it smells amazing tastes amazing. just that the only thing is that it needs to have more hazelnut. overall, its amazin
Sarah Mir says
I completely get what you mean! I went back and forth on this recipe a few times and the only want to impart a more robust hazelnut flavour was to use a hazelnut extract/emulsion but those aren't easily available. Glad you enjoyed it overall!
I tried these and loved them! 😍
Sarah Mir says
woohoo! that's great to hear thank you!