These chicken drumsticks sold me on the air fryer. I am basically a fuddy duddy. Change is hard. I had a blackberry for a long time. Yeah - that hard. Talk to me about a new appliance and I will scoff at it or find excuses not to use it. My Air Fryer (linked here) lived in a box for a solid ten days. At this point you'd have to pry it from my cold dead fingers. Is that an exaggeration? Perhaps. What's not exaggerated is my overwhelming love these Air Fryer Drumsticks and the flavour punch they pack.
Five Things I LOVE About These Air Fryer Drumsticks
- they're SO EASY to make! marinate, air fry. the end.
- that SKIN. that glorious crispy flavorful skin
- The juicy interior - I love how the interior of the chicken is so juicy!
- NO DEEP FRYING!
- BOTH my girls like them. Now if you have kids you'll know that's no easy feat to accomplish.
- A dozen drumsticks - yes, a dozen, but feel free to halve/adjust as needed!
- Marinade - Soy Sauce, Ginger Paste/ Crushed Ginger, Garlic Paste/Crushed Garlic, Chili Flakes, Chili Powder, Dried Oregano, Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, Salt & Pepper
- Oil for spraying/brushing over the chickens
Some Other Fun Recipes to Try
Made these Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks? Rate them by clicking the number of stars you want to give it on the recipe below! Tag me in your recreations on Instagram @flourandspiceblog
- 12 drumsticks
- 1.5 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1.5 tbsp Crushed Ginger
- 1.5 tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 1.5 tbsp Dried Oregano
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Crushed/Minced Green Chilies (if you want it spicy)
- Oil for air frying
Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl
Score the chicken pieces with a sharp knife and cover the chicken with the marinade making sure to rub it well
Marinade overnight or at least 6 hours
Preheat your air fryer to 390F
Place your chicken inside and cook for ten minutes undisturbed. Do make sure to leave space between the drumsticks. You will likely need to cook the drumsticks in batches
Flip them over after ten minutes, spray with a little oil if they are looking dry, then cook them for another 10-15 minutes until the skin outside is bronze and the chicken is cooked through.
Without the green chilies these chicken legs have a kick but aren't spicy. If you want them to be spicy I strongly recommend adding crushed green chilies.