Sometimes good things come from cravings. These Easy Cheese Samosas are proof positive of that. I wanted Jalapeno Poppers, but I didn't want to do the work. So I opened my fridge and here we are - super easy cheesy spicy samoas that are such a great quick flavor fix!
When I first started making them years ago I used to use wonton wrappers. I love their crisp chew and the square shape means no folding is required. However, the conventional Samosa strips freeze better and so here I am making it with those.
How to Make Cheese Samosas
There are two tricks to getting these samosas right. Actually let's be honest there are no tricks. Just simple instructions. First of all a teaspoon full of mixture may seem scanty, but it is more than enough. When cheese melts it expands so if you over stuff a samosa it will ooze out. The other part is folding and it's super simple. How simple? Look below!
What kind of cheese should I use?
Cream cheese is creamy and tart so to get that fun cheesy pull feel I like to use a little monterey jack. Feel free to use whatever you have handy!
Looking for more tasty ideas?
Made these cheesy samosas? Tag me in your recreations on Instagram and rate the recipe below by clicking the number of stars on the recipe card!
Easy Cheese Samosa
- 16 samosa pattis (strips)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1-2 minced chilies, for jalapeno use one
- ¼ cup monterey jack or cheddar
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 small crushed garlic clove or ½ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- flour and water for a thick slurry
- oil for frying
- Mash together the cream cheese, chilies, garlic if using, salt and pepper
- Stir in shredded cheese
- Mix together 2 tbsp flour and just enough water to make a paste
- Put a teaspoon full of the cheesy mix and form a samosa (refer to blog post or video for how)
- Shallow fry 1-2 minutes on each side until golden. You can also air fry these - just remember to lightly brush with oil!
- Serve hot!
a girl after my own heart- deep-fried and cheesy 😀 Yummy!
love in the kitchen says
These look insanely delicious. WOW!
It looks so tasty, thanks for sharing! ?
I have been trying to make a good cheese samosa for a while now and these were right on spot!! Even my kids begged for more! Jazak Allah khayr for a delish recipe
Sarah Mir says
how wonderful! thank you so so much!
Areeza Noman says
These samosas were excellent crowd pleasers and ces together in very little time!
Sarah Mir says
Yay! I am SO happy you enjoyed them!