This has been a year like any other. As a result (it seems) we have baked like never before. From whipped coffee to banana bread to actual bread even the novice baker became a pro. Now we find ourselves at the end of the year in what is actually baking season, the beginning of winter and Holidays that look and feel so different.
One thing has not changed - exchanging treats. This year I turned to some long time favorites for my Cookie Box. These are not my most beautiful cookies, but they're the ones that we love the most. Recipes I know speak to my heart and that my friends and loved ones will enjoy.
What's in the Cookie Box:
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (with Smarties/M&Ms because why not)
- Sweet and Salty Butterscotch Chip Cookies
- Ginger Cookies with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Easy French Hearts
- Not shown: These crazy good Cashews - not a cookie, but so darn good.
Other Cookies/Treat Ideas to Share (or not!):
- Brigadeiros (chocolate fudge)
- The TASTIEST Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Stained Glass Cookies
- Coconut Macaroons with Unsweetened Coconut
- Mint Oreo Bark
- Hazelnut Sticks - unglamorous name for the most delicious biscuit
Five Must Know Cookie Tips:
- A cookie is always as good as how well the butter and sugar are creamed. Mix them till they're nice and fluffy and you'll be rewarded with a beautiful rich cookie.
- Undermix your flour. All that hard work up there? When it comes to mixing in the flour do it until just combined and call it a day. Don't forget to scrape the sides!
- 95% of cookies taste better when the dough is refrigerated for at least two hours. They also spread less.
- Cookie dough freezes well. With most you can shape it into balls, flash freeze on a sheet/plate and then transfer to ziploc bags/boxes until you're ready to bake.
- Bless this mess (especially when you have kids). Baking can be messy. Flour flies, icing sugar puffs up, and the only way to get through it is to embrace it. Put on your favourite songs and focus on the forever memories you are making and not the temporary mess.
Penny for your thoughts?