There are Pakistani Chicken dishes that make me swoon a little, a great masalaicious tikka, a karahi that has all the flavours, the homemade chicken biryani that you can eat for days. You feel me right?
We love chicken for how quick and convenient it is and with our transformative spices and techniques there is so much that you can do with it. From the Basic (in the best way possible) curry to a fun riff like the Chicken Tikka Tart here are 20 + Pakistani Chicken Recipes that will help you have an extra delicious week!
A BIG thank you to all of you who leave your reviews on this blog, your comments and ratings make my day!
Pakistani Chicken Recipes
Pakistani Chicken Ginger Recipe
Just made this tonight... Absolutely scrumptious!!!- Sana
Murghi/ Chicken ka Salan
Best recipe! Very easy to follow and tastes just like home.- Namra K.
Chicken Keema with Matar & Methi
I made this last night and it was delicious! Can't wait to enjoy the leftovers- Missy
THE BEST Chicken Pulao
Thank you so much for this recipe. I grew up eating pulao when I would visit my pakistani family in Birmingham, UK as a child. I never imagined I would be cooking it as an adult but the recipe is really easy and tasty!- Haroon
Recipe Of The Week: Kolachi Ki Reshmi Handi
Chicken Paratha Rolls
Just made this. Will never try any other recipe again. so easy yet soo good!- Hina R.
Coconut Chicken Curry with Potatoes (made without paste!)
Delicious! Try this because it’s not what you expect and Sarah explains everything so well, I feel like I could eat the whole pot.- Sabe
Chicken Pakora (Chicken Fritters) | Becky Keeps House
Singaporean Rice with Chicken
Followed the recipe exactly as is using Siracha and it was a hit!!! Im so glad i finally have a recipe to follow ...will def be making it again! Thank youuu- Ayesha
Today, inshAllah I'll be making this recipe for the third time this month!... Thank you for making such delicious and easy to follow recipes!Khadija
Mughal Darbar Chicken Handi
Amazing...to all the readers you've got to try this once twice thriceParvez I.
Chicken Masala Instant Pot
Pakistani Chicken Kababs
I tried your chicken kabab recipe! My family loved it !- Fatema S
Chicken Yakhni Pulao: A great recipe for the soul
Chicken Bihari Boti
Haray Masalay ki Murghi or Green Masala Chicken
I made it! quickest prep ever and so delicious.- Sanober B.
Pakistani Kofta Curry - Authentic Recipe (Chicken, Lamb, Beef, Mutton)
Chicken Manchurian Recipe (Indo Chinese Recipe) - Mirchi Tales
Chicken Tikka Tarts
Chicken Dal Gosht
Chicken Dal Gosht and 25+ Top Rated Pakistani Chicken Recipes!
- 1 lb boneless chicken cut into 2 inch chunks, or 1.5 lb bone in chicken
- 1 onion diced (¾ cup)
- 1 tsp garlic paste (heaped)
- 1 tsp ginger paste (heaped)
- 1-2 tomatoes (diced) 1 for a milder tomato flavour (my preference) or 2 for more robust masala
- 1 + ½ tsp salt (½ to be added with the daal)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cayenne / chili powder
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp masoor ki daal
- 1 cup chanay ki daal
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi
- 1 tsp garam masala (powder)
- 2 tsp chaat masala (optional)
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 2-3 green chilies
- ½ onion sliced thinly
- 3-4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3-4 whole dried red chilies
- ¾ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves (optional)
- Put the IP on Saute mode on medium, pour in about ¼ cup of oil, then saute onions till the edges turn golden
- Add the ginger + garlic and saute for a minute
- Now add the tomatoes and all the spices (but only 1 tsp of salt) along with a splash of water, mix well and saute until the oil rises above the masala (bhunn)
- Then add the chicken pieces, mix well and saute for 3-4 minutes until the color changes and the chicken absorbs some of that great masala
- Add in the daals, ½ tsp salt, a green chili or two if you want it spicy and 3 cups water and set it to manual for 10 minutes,
- Let it be for ten minutes then quick release.
- Add kasuri methi, garam masala, chaat masala if using, a squeeze of lemon juice and check for seasoning. Adjust to taste.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan, about ¼ cup and once it's shimmering add all the baghaar ingredients and keep on medium flame till the onions are a beautiful golden brown
- Pour over your daal gosht and enjoy with some hot fluffy rice!
SO many delicious things- save these links by pinning the image below!
I was sitting wondering what to make for dinner and then this post appeared in my inbox. Your posts always come at the perfect time, thank you!
Woohoo! SO happy to hear that!
Yummy. This must be super tasty and I am surely going to be making this soon.
Very nice and Helpful
Sarah Mir says
Sarah Mir says